Friday, March 23, 2012

Friday Facts

      Yes, I am aware that my posts have been few and far between lately. I'd like to say it's because I've been particularly busy, but in truth, I've just had too many thoughts. I have all of these different ideas for blog posts, and I can never choose which to expand on first. So in order to alleviate myself from this overload of thoughts, I've decided it would be a good idea to every Friday, make a list of at least twenty random things that are running through my mind. That way, it'll all just be out there, and hopefully you'll find it somewhat entertaining as well.
So here goes...

1. I think this is the first year I've really appreciated Spring weather.
2. www.rainymood.com is fantastic. I put it on as well as music for background noise, and the result is amazing.
3. I feel like I accomplish WAY more in a day when I wake up early than when I sleep in.
4. My life is slowly beginning to revolve around choices of the future, and that's scaring me.
5. I'm part of the .5% of my school who did NOT see The Hunger Games midnight premier, but I get to see it today, so I'm still excited!
6. I find rainy weather to be generally inspiring.
7. The song "Red Solo Cup" is everything that is wrong with our country.
8. The song "Call Me Maybe" is everything that is right with our country (not really, but it is catchy).
9. The new Footloose movie was good, but nothing in comparison to the original.
10. Shrek and The Parent Trap have some of the best movie soundtracks in all history.
11. Lately I've been plagued with nightmares every night.
12. I live for random acts of kindness.
13. I don't know if I've ever been as shocked at a piece of clothing until I saw a sweatshirt that featured a picture of a giraffe and next to it were the words: "Moo, I'm a goat."
14. On really clear nights, when I look up at the starts, I sometimes feel like I'm in a planetarium, and these are the only times I get the true sense that the Earth is round and spinning.
15. I've taken exponentially less pictures this year than I have any other.
16. I love having painted nails but I hate painting them.
17. This time last year, I was in Italy touring the Colosseum.
18. There are a select few songs that the instant I hear them, my whole body just becomes calm and happy. This list includes "Beyond The Sea" by Frank Sinatra, "Hallelujah" by Rufus Wainwright,  "Club 33 Music Loop Part 4", "Drops of Jupiter" by Train, among others.
19. Wearing a pearl necklace makes me feel instantly classier.
20. No matter how long my sister visits from college, it never seems like it's long enough.

Phew! That was a lot of thoughts, and man do I feel better. I hope that they may have spurred on a few thoughts of  your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment