Tuesday, May 17, 2011

187 Days...And Counting

             Okay, so back to a blog entry with just a touch of reality added in. If you've read my last couple, you may be curious as to why I have been writing about Disney related things. First off, I would like to apologize for last night's entry. It was late, we played Pirates of the Caribbean music in band earlier that day, I was listening to "Yo Ho, Yo Ho (A Pirate's Life For Me" on repeat, and so I just began rambling about pirates. Regardless, Disney has been on my mind lately - more than usual anyways - for two very specific reasons. Everyone knows that my last two posts were not the first two Disney-esque posts. I'm obviously a bit obsessive over the entire concept of Disney - the classic musicals, the parks, what it stands for, etc. (I'm typing this as the soundtrack to Splash Mountain blares out of my iPod speakers).
             Reason one for the intensified Disney fervor: over this coming summer, we are so busy between a summer internship my sister is taking part in, and my taking an extra class over the summer, we are left with approximately two weeks to do one last family vacation before my sister is off to college. We already did our really "big trip" for the year over spring break, so we were looking to do something a bit more local. We thought about going East - as we have for several years in a row - do Maine (one of our favorite spots), and maybe a little bit of parts of Canada we are yet to explore. Then Disney World is always a candidate. The options went on and on. We ended up landing on the one and only: California. I have been there before, but I was around six at the time, and my recollection is fuzzy at best. So we are making our return to the redwood forests to re-experience things I did in my youth, and do much, much more on our drive from San Fransisco to San Diego. Along the way? Disneyland! I have never been there, and in case you were wondering, I'm ridiculously excited.
            Reason two for the intensified Disney fervor: every other year in high school, our marching band - of which I am an active member of - takes a big "tour". Last year we made our way to the concrete jungle where dreams are made of, of course, New York. This was possibly one of the best trips of my life. Every four years, the band customarily goes to *drum roll please!*....you guessed it! The world  where dreams are made of, home of Mickey, Minnie, the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom, and one of my favorite places: DISNEY WORLD! I have been looking forward to this trip for way too long! And now plans for making the twenty hour drive down to Orlando are forming, speculated to be in November so we can take part in the Thanksgiving Day Parade down Main Street U.S.A. Two hundred and twenty days, and counting. Please excuse my excitement, but for the next 187 days, you may end up reading - or ignoring - many Disney themed posts to come. But don't fret, I will try to stray away from writing too many blogs featuring my excitement.

187 Days...and counting.

No comments:

Post a Comment