Thursday, June 2, 2011

Alright Time To Study...OOH SHINY!

           Oh that time that comes twice a year, when we are forced to actually apply all of what we were supposed to have learned throughout the past semester onto one monster test that counts for a whopping 20% of our final semester grade. Awesome. Especially for those of us (meaning me) who aren't good test takers whatsoever. In my opinion, I don't think that it's fair to have one test count for twenty percent of our grade. What if we're having a bad week that one week of finals? What if we're having family troubles that week. What if I just broke up with my boyfriend. Can what we learned all semester really be judged by which bubbles we fill in on a scantron test? That concludes my angsty rant: I needed to vent.
           The studying process of the average teenager:
            I'm feeling good about this. I've got a week until finals, I'm already cracking open the books and study guides. I'm going to do great on these finals! I need the points if I'm going to get the grades my parents won't yell at me for. Weekend. Well maybe I didn't study quite as much as I was planning to during the week, but hey, I've got all weekend to study and prepare for these tests, that's plenty of time! I'll be fine! Ooh...but wait...I did promise to go to my best friend's graduation party. Well...I'll just make an appearance, I won't have to be there for long. Plenty of time to study. Oh, but I did want to make all of my teachers cookies for the end of the year. That won't take long; plus I can study while they're in the oven! Ooh, but The Notebook is on TV...I can't pass up The Notebook! I'm too tired to study tonight, what use will it be to study tonight? 
           Repeat. And repeat again. That's roughly how my past few days have gone. However, The Notebook was never on, I made that up. Every time I promise myself I'm going to really sit down and study a bunch, I just seem to get distracted by something else. I think it has to do with the fact that my sister is graduating; she doesn't have finals to worry about, so she's just relaxing and having fun and keeps asking me to do fun things with her. Then my other sister's in middle school - also without finals to worry about. I keep thinking there will be more time, but the tests are closing in on me, and somehow I can't help but become distracted by things I feel "compelled" to do, but I really don't have to do. I've been using baking as an excuse not to study. I spent yesterday afternoon making my sister apple cake, then rice cream for my lunch table. Today I spent the evening making brownies for my sisters and applesauce cookies for my teachers.
           I will study....eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment