Thursday, August 18, 2011

Down The Rabbit Hole

Continuation From: "The Worlds, The Land, and The Adventure"

      On with my comparison of Disney World and Disneyland, I'd like to quickly mention the one thing I heard in Disneyland that really bothered me. I consider Disney parks to be a higher class of amusement park. It's not like the others where getting their hands on your money is all they care about. The workers are top tier, the music, the atmosphere, everything is just dead set upon making the patrons feel the magic of imagination and fantasy. For fun, my sisters and I decided to dress up like different Disney characters the days that we were in the park. My older sister decided to dress up as one of her favorite princesses: Belle. White collared shirt under a blue cotton dress with an apron, and a white bow holding back her hair to top it all off. She looked adorable! Then, when we're entering the park, she's stopped at the gates. The workers were required to stop and inspect her outfit, to see if it was too "costume-esque", because apparently, in Disneyland, if you are over the age of nine, you are not permitted to wear a costume, due to "company policy". Am I the only one who is completely shocked by this? I mean, it's Disneyland, a place where you are supposed to be able to feel any age you like. Where you can travel back to the days of your innocent youth. That's the one thing that just put a bit of a bad taste in my mouth.
       But to end that bad note with a good one, I'd like to mention the two things that really made me waiver on being so resolved that Disney World was better than Disneyland. I'll admit it, I'm a sucker for live shows. The costumes, the bright lights, the singing and dancing, I love it all. Sitting in the lavish Disneyland theater, waiting for the live Aladdin show to start, I had no idea what to expect. Was it going to be a full length show or just an abbreviated twenty minute version of the story? How far would they go to make the show dazzling? Well, when the lights went out and the Cave Of Wonders appeared in front of me, my question was answered on the spot. The show was incredible, more than I could possibly have expected. The acting was impeccable, especially by the Genie. The singing, dancing, scenery, it was all just as perfect as it could be! I laughed so hard my sides began to ache; and I'll admit, I'm not one to cry in movies whatsoever, but something about this show brought tears to my eyes. Aladdin is my favorite classic Disney musical, and I could not have asked for a better live interpretation of it. Plus, it's a show I've seen no where else, not even Disney World; where all they have is a very abbreviated version of Beauty and the Beast.
       The second thing that really floored me was another live show called World of Color. Again, I didn't really know what to expect with this. Disney is known for their firework shows at night, and this was a show that made its debut every night after the sun dipped below the Mickey Ferris Wheel. So, naturally, when I was waiting for the show to begin, I figured the boom of fireworks would infest my ears at any moment. But, wow, I couldn't have been more wrong. The show began with a great spout of water, illuminated by colored lights. The show progressed with sprays of water shooting up from the lake, all of different colors, waving in different designs, all set to coincide with music. In addition, in the middle, there was a wall of water on which different Disney movie scenes were projected. It was really dazzling, I was mystified. The spraying water, along with the music, just told such an emotional story, mixing in the classic Disney characters. 
World Of Color

My Sister As Belle

Aladdin Show: "Friend Like Me"

End of Part 2
To Be Continued

No comments:

Post a Comment