Monday, August 29, 2011

One Hundred Times Over

       Well for those of you who haven't been keeping track, this is a very special blog entry for me. I started this blog back in...February. Can that be right?! Over six months ago. It honestly feels like I've just started this blog, and that I'm still fighting it so that I'm out of the Blogger "newbie" stage. That stage in which someone starts a blog and is like: "I'm going to blog every day!"...then does it for a few weeks, gets bored, uninspired, and unmotivated, so they drop it and start a different project to occupy their valuable computer time. It feels like it was just a few weeks ago that I first wrote about my disdain for the Turnabout dance, or vented about my frustration over our ruined vacation plans with the earthquake in Japan. Some entries have certainly been better than others. There were times when I would have very inspired and creative writing in which the words flowed easily from my mind onto my computer screen. Then there were other times when I struggled to find a way to convey my thoughts into a string of sentences that made sense to anybody. There were times when I had so many blog topics in mind that I couldn't choose which one to execute first, and then there were times when I picked at my brain to think of anything even mildly interesting that I could shape into a short blog entry just because I hadn't posted one in a while.
       For any of you that may have stuck around reading my endless rants and ravings that have been encapsulated by this blog, you've probably gotten to know me pretty well throughout these entries. Anyone who's read this blog has hopefully gotten a look at who I honestly am as a person. Through my writing all I am is myself. I find myself changing my personality slightly depending on who I'm talking to. If I'm with this group of friends I will talk a certain way, make certain jokes, and try to be a person that they will enjoy. But when I'm with a different group of friends, I'm completely different. I try to say that I'm an individual and no one will change me, but I find it amazing the range of different versions of myself there are that different groups of people see. If you've never met me in person, and all you know of me is this blog, you probably know me better than a lot of people. Through my writing I'm only myself. No changes. My thoughts, nothing held back for fear of what the people reading it will think. That's what I've loved about this blog. I do it for myself, and myself alone. If other people read it, great. If they enjoy it, even better. But they don't necessarily have to like it.
      As of this post, I have submitted 100 different blog entries to this website. I have sat down in front of a blank screen 100 times, typing then thinking, not the other way around. I have pondered over 100 different titles, trying to make them as witty as I could. This is my one hundredth post. 100 posts in a little over six months. Not long ago, I went back to read through some old posts, just to see if there was something I could improve on in the future, or just to see what was going on in my head when I wrote some of these entries (seeing as some were written in a 2 A.M. hazy state of mind). Am I the best writer in the world? No. But are there blog entries that I'm proud of? Certainly! But even more, I'm proud of 100 posts. Proud that I stuck with it to this point. Proud of the late nights when all I wanted to do was go to bed, but instead I stayed up to write to you, my reader(s). But in all honesty, my most important reader, is me. As vain as it may sound, it's true. If I stop believing in what I'm writing, that's the day I stop writing.
     But to those of you who do keep up with reading my blog, or even those who have just stumbled upon this entry and will never be visiting my blog again: thank you. Thank you all. I said in my very first post that if I managed to make an impression on just one person with this blog, it will all be worth it. These one hundred posts have been so worth it. Because, even if they haven't made an impression on any of you, it did on me. Thank you all once again, it's been such a blast keeping this blog, and I plan to continue writing in it for as long and as often as I can. School has started, and things will get hectic, but honestly, I will try my best to keep thinking of new and interesting things to talk about.
     This is my one hundredth post....only nine hundred away from celebrating my one thousandth blog...good luck to us all.

P.S. These one hundred posts also include 6 drafts that were never made public. They are somewhat finished posts, so it shows on my Dashboard "99 Posts". So if you look and see that I only have "93 Posts", and you're thinking "WHAT is she talking about, she hasn't had NEAR 100 posts", that would be why.

No comments:

Post a Comment