Saturday, March 12, 2011

Here? There? Everywhere?!

         Possibly my biggest fault: impatience. I am quite possibly one of the most impatient people ever. If I see something I want or if an opportunity comes my way, I waste no time in taking it. I will do everything in my power to get it. If you read my last post, you know that my Spring Break plans pretty much crashed and burned with the destructive earthquake and leaking radiation in Japan. While fearing aftershocks and facing the possibility of contracting cancer from the radiation does sound like a swell spring break...my family has decided to pass on Japan for the moment.
         Since our decision has been made about Japan, we have been forced to move on. Unfortunately, doing so is easier said than done. Japan wasn't just a vacation destination to my family. This is my sister's last year before going to college. Going to Japan has been her dream for years. This was our big last harrah as a family. Moving on from our dreams coming true as a family to a big fat question mark is a little difficult.
          In the past thirty six hours, there have been a lot of tears. Some ignorant hope. Those hopes being crushed over and over by the never ending stream of bad news broadcast for the world to see. Now we have to move on to what to do about that big question mark. If there's one thing for sure about my family is that we absolutely never give up. This is the moment where I would like to profess the absolute wonder that is my parents. They will literally stop at nothing to find something near measuring up to Tokyo for spring break.
          Life comes at you fast. Things are never for sure until they actually happen. We've had to learn to stop trying to cling on to our hopes of the original vacation plan and move on to what to do next. A trip to Paris to see the sights? A driving trip along the French Riviera? Maybe my grandma's condo in Florida? Who knows? In a way, while I want to pull my hair out not knowing which country I'll be sleeping in six days from now, that's kind of the fun part. I have no idea what's going to happen. But it'll work out. Somehow, it always does.
          Mom. Dad. Thank you. You have no idea how much I appreciate what you're doing for me.
          But if France has an earthquake too...mother nature is receiving a strongly worded message from me. This entry had almost no point, but seeing as this has been some of the most stressful thirty six hours of my life (or at least this year), please forgive my ramblings. I digress.

No comments:

Post a Comment