Saturday, March 5, 2011

Get Out The Frosting: It's Time For A Sleepover

         To my devoted readers (all two of you): I apologize profusely for breaking my streak and not writing an entry yesterday. I ended up being extremely busy starting the day off with school, then hanging out with friends, eating delicious food, and the most cliche (which by the way is the best kind) girl talk, you wouldn't even believe it. We then proceeded to watch the most cliche chick flick movie--The Notebook. So basically the classic girl sleepover.
         We all like to think that we stick out from the crowd. We don't do that cliche stuff that looks stupid in movies and sounds fake in books. Well I don't know about you, but pretty much every sleepover I host is a fantastic ball of exactly what a girl is supposed to do on a sleepover. This being: eat exorbitant amounts of food (hopefully involving some sort of frosting item). Check. Do each other's makeup/hair. Check. Talk about all of the stuff that is always preceded by: "nothing we say here leaves this basement". Check. And watching a super romantic chick flick. Check. Although that last item is easily replaced with a musical that is so incredibly bad...that it's actually good. (Example: From Justin To Kelly).
         We like to say that we're not those stupid girls who sit together and talk about our feelings for hours at a time. We don't want to be those girls that we all see in the movies and say: "okay, that never actually happens in real life." But guess what...I'm proud to say that I look forward to an upcoming sleepover because that means that I'll spend the night with some of the people I love most in the world. Being stupid, eating a lot, and crying together when Allie and Noah couldn't be together. It's okay if it's cliche. I'm a girl, and I enjoy getting my hair and makeup done. I enjoy hearing my friends' secrets, and sharing mine with them.
          To all girls out there: don't think that being a classic girl is lame or stupid because you laughed at it in a movie once. When I was little, my grandma would tell me all about how every weekend my mom would turn on the radio, close the kitchen doors, and make cookies with her best friend. These are the things that girls do. I think that a healthy dose of girl talk when combined with frosting has the power to do just about anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment