Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Rub A Dub Dub!

            I'm baaaaaaack! (in creepy horror movie tone of voice). I'm sure my ever-so devoted readers were so disappointed by my lack of writing for the past eleven days or so - yes, all two of you. If you were wondering my vacation was absolutely and incredibly...well incredible. Within just that ten days of sightseeing, I feel like a saw and experienced so much. Thinking back, it feels like I could have been gone over a month. I would like to explain in greater detail the wonder that was this vacation; but I have been awake four the past twenty four hours straight, more than ten of those hours were spent on an airplane...so as you may imagine...I'm a little exhausted. Especially not looking forward to getting up at six for school in the morning.
           So instead of droning on about Spain and Italy, instead I'm going to drone on about one of my favorite things in the world. Showers. Such a simple concept; a thing just meant for cleaning oneself to me is just so much more. Maybe I'm crazy, but I think of showers as kind of a reset button. The comfort of the warm water is not only capable of just washing away dirt and filth. If you allow it to, it can wash away anything. If I felt gross from running around in the hot sun all day, or if I was on an airplane all day next to a guy who kept sneezing into his hands, or if I had an awful day...a shower resets it all. Say you're playing a video game. You're walking around as Mario, trying with all of your might to save Princess Peach, and Bowser kills you. Just press the reset button, and it's all gone. You can still save Peach.
           Feeling dirty is - in my opinion - one of the worst feelings in the world. But sweating and being around others' germs isn't the only way to feel unclean. A bad memory can make your skin crawl every time you think about it. I feel that if I shower and let the warm water and soft soap do their jobs I can wash it all away. Press the reset button, and once again I'm clean and ready to start anew.

No comments:

Post a Comment