Thursday, March 17, 2011

Spring Break! Time To Rest, Relax, and Get Tan...Oh Wait...I'm Norwegian

             No pain can quite be compared to the pure agony of counting down the seconds of your last class the day before school is temporarily out and spring break begins. At twenty five minutes left in my last class, watching a documentary all about the history of cold (yes, the history of cold) I'm wondering if chemistry will ever end. Fifteen minutes to go. Even my teacher wants to throw her papers in the air and storm out of the classroom. Ten more seconds...nine...eight...seven....six...five...four...three...two...SPRING BREAK!
             When I was younger spring break wasn't as big of a deal. Sometimes we went on fun vacations that I would always look forward to, but other than that, no big deal. Once I got to high school however, mid March brings such extreme fatigue, new sports are starting up again, teachers are piling on the homework, a week long break could be considered a requirement...that is if teachers don't want their students collapsing in class.
             In college it's time to get out the kegs and tanning oil, because spring break is a time to party (or so I've heard). A week full of sleepless out of control nights, and days of sleeping off the residual exhaustion from school and a bad hangover.
             No matter the age or where in the world you go, kids need a break from school before facing the last few months of school before the real break begins. Unfortunately, I will be unable to write for the next several days, seeing as I will be making a trek from here in Chicago all the way to Spain, through France, and to Italy. I don't believe I'll have access to the internet, but if I do in a certain hotel, I may try to sneak in a quick blog post. But if I am unable, I will write when I come back!
              I'm hoping that ahead of me lies an adventure. I don't know what to expect from this vacation. But it will certainly be interesting...especially seeing that no one in my family even remotely speaks Spanish or Italian...but that's where the adventure part comes in, right? Regardless, I promise to return with plenty of stories to tell and pictures to show. Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment