Saturday, April 30, 2011

I'm Devoting Weeks of My Life To This?

BEWARE: THIS PARTICULAR BLOG ENTRY CONTAINS THE ANGSTY RANTS OF A STRESSED OUT TEENAGER. PRACTICE EXTREME CAUTION BEYOND THIS POINT!            

            I seriously owe my blog an entry, I skipped two days, and I'm extremely sorry! This is why I am currently writing this at 4:30 in the afternoon while I'm giving myself a half hour break from studying to let my brain have a chance to recover from U.S. History overload instead of doing what I usually do: saving my blog for around 10:30 at night, right before I go to bed. However for the past several nights, I haven't been staying up until way later than I should to fit in a blog entry. No, no, no, it's being spent cramming for a little thing called: the AP US History test that will take place in a measly 135 hours (less than six days!)
            Let me clarify for those who aren't familiar with the concept of AP tests. Note that this test does not have any impact on my grade in the class whatsoever. The test is actually optional, I am in no way required to take it. The point? If I do well enough on it, I can receive a certain amount of college credit (depending on the college I go to and my score on the test). And let me tell you...I do NOT want to be repeating this class in college. I desire to go into the medical field. Last time I checked, doctors usually aren't required to be particularly versed in the accomplishments of Andrew Jackson in the Battle of New Orleans (War of 1812).
           If that's not enough pressure upon this test, my score could actually impact my GPA as well. When I receive my test score, I will get somewhere between a one and a five (one being the lowest possible and five being the highest possible). If I get a three, four, or five on this one test, instead of my GPA being based on a 4.5 grading scale for an honors class, it will be graded on a 5.0 scale as an AP (advanced placement) class. Meaning: my B I got first semester would count as if it was an A when incorporated into my GPA. In short: I REALLY WANT A THREE, FOUR, OR FIVE ON THIS TEST! So that fact is basically what's taken control of every spare amount of time I've had for the past week and a half or so. Should have started studying earlier? Yeah, I know.
           BUT on a positive note: did you know that the cold war was a "war of words caused by differences in economic and political beliefs between the United States and the U.S.S.R.?"....my life for the next 135 hours. (Credit due to my Barron's AP US History flashcards)
           800 flashcards, three AP books, four iPhone apps, and 135 hours to go...let's do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment